Drugs can affect us in many ways. It can make us weak physically and also have an effect on our brains.
Physical problems induced by drug abuse:
1. Kidneys: Kidneys are the worst victim of drug abuse. When you take drugs regularly for a long period, then the health of the kidneys will gradually decline. Kidney failures are a common occurrence for people who are addicted to cocaine, meth or heroin.
2. Lungs: It is also very harmful to the lungs. Smoking cocaine or any other drug can cause serious damage to your lungs. Your lungs will slowly start producing toxic substances and in worst cases, lung cancer will happen.
3. Birth problems: Drugs can also pose a serious threat to pregnant women. As per record, around four percent of pregnant women in the USA, take illegal drugs such as Ecstasy and Marijuana. These drugs may contain some impurities which can cause problems for the women or the baby. Sometimes, it results in the baby being born very early. Early birth can cause lots of problems in the future, like behavioral problems or inability to learn quickly.
4. Immunity system: Drugs also weakens our immunity system, making us more prone to infections. Vomiting and nausea are very common among people who are addicted to drugs. When drugs are injected, it can also result in the collapse of the veins.
Psychological problems induced by drug abuse:
Apart from the physical problems, drug abuse can also cause serious damage to our brain:
1. Depression: When a person once gets accustomed to a drug, he can’t live without it. Getting high becomes a regular occurrence. When he fails to attain that degree of euphoria, then it leads to depression. Once depression sets in the mind, it can cause serious damage to your mind and body.
2. Paranoia: A feeling of paranoia also sets in the mind because of taking too many drugs. You will always feel that someone is out there to catch you. Almost all of the drugs are illegal. You will always have a feeling that the police are after you. This feeling of paranoia increases with time.
3. Anxiety: Anxiety is also another problem of drug abuse. You will have difficulty in focusing on anything, and you will end up wasting a lot of time. It will make you irresponsible, and your professional life may suffer because of this. You may even end up losing your job. It can also have a negative effect on your relationships.